Saturday, August 20, 2011

Torn...

There are seasons, situations, and circumstances in life that each of us face when we are just torn.  I'm not talking about the "Should I go with the Wheat Thins or Triscuits" kind of torn.  No ma'm!  I am talking about the tough stuff, where the implications possess the powerful ability to build up or tear down, unify or break apart.  Oh I am in one of those seasons, friends, and it is so very hard.  Balancing family, work, and ministry is at the crux of the matter and each one of these areas have some major changes and challenges.  Some days, I feel scattered into a million pieces, torn by my priorities, my commitments, my obligations, and my desires. I admit, sometimes everything is out of balance.  Most days I go with the flow and prepare myself for the craziness that is sure to unfold.  And on some days - very rarely I might add - things go just as I hoped they would.  I've learned, however, that the key to all of this is not about how things go.  Rather, it's about Who goes through it with me.  I'm relying on my Jesus because I know I can't do it on my own.  

He gives me strength when I'm tired to the bones.  
He gives me encouragement when I feel defeat.  
He shows me love when I am hurting.  
He brings me peace when life is nothing but chaos.  
He provides comfort when my soul needs consoling.
He carries my burdens when it's too much to bear.

And at the end of the day, He pieces me back together when the craziness of life tears me apart.  He mends every tattered and broken piece because He loves me.  And you know what?  I love Him too.

"You hem me in - behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me."
Psalm 139:5

No comments:

Post a Comment